Flower needle felting
Here at the Melken Jacob & Churndon flock home in West Devon near Okehampton, Nic and I are excited to add some extra dates for our hugely popular WOOL PROCESSING WORKSHOPS and also tell you all about our NEEDLE FELTED FLOWER WORKSHOPS.
Our wool processing and needle felting workshops will now be held in “The Woolly Wagon “ which has far reaching views out over our beautiful farm and across to scenic Dartmoor. It is a fantastic venue for our workshops and we are looking forward to sharing it with you all.
Fancy learning how to make ONE of these amazing flowers??? I am now offering workshops showing you how to needle felt flowers. At the end of each workshop you will take home at least one flower made by you. You will learn what makes a good fleece and get to meet our sheep and get hands on looking at their fleeces. Then we’ll head into the woolly wagon and I’ll explain the principles of needle felting and then we’ll get stabbing!!
All wool and equipment is provided with the option to purchase needle felting kits as well!
Times and dates: 11am till 3pm (ish!) (limited to 4 people)
Workshops cost £45 per person and full payment is required to book your space. The workshops are held on our farm which is a proper working farm so please be prepared for mud and unlevel ground and dress appropriately!!
For anyone who isn’t local I would highly recommend Lobhill Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast, Devon and https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/16609569?adults=2...
As with our previous workshops tea, coffee and biscuits will be supplied but please bring your own packed lunch including cutlery etc!
Due to covid comes a few rules and requests in accordance with government recommendations which we ask you to respect to safeguard all of us, these are as follows :
1. Mask or face covering to be worn when inside the shepherds hut.
2. Hand sanitizer will be provided and is to be used throughout the day.
3. Where possible we ask that people have their lunch etc outside in the fresh air.
4. If you have come into contact with anyone who has covid or have had symptoms of covid within 10 days (or 5 days with a negative flow test) of the workshop then you will not be able to attend the day.
5. Toilet facilities are in our house so relevant dettol disinfectant spray will be available and we request that all touch areas including toilet, flush and taps are sprayed when you have finished in there. Paper towels will be provided instead of hand towels.
6. On arrival and throughout the day where possible the windows and doors on the shepherds hut will be open at all times.(weather permitting) So please bring additional clothing if you feel the cold.
If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to ask.